caesen

Moletons mill

The Els Moletons mill, owned by the noble Franquesa family, is an old cloth mill from the 16th and 17th centuries that was converted into a paper mill in the 18th century.

In the 19th century, a residential house, known as Can Solsona or Torre d’en Solsona, was built on the estate, along the mill’s northern façade.

On one of the home’s eastern walls we find a fountain known as the Can Solsona fountain.

Outside the estate, in an area accessible to the public, we find another fountain, the Els Moletons fountain. According to the inscription, this fountain was built in 1892, most likely at the same time as Can Solsona.

 

Pictures


Moletons mill


Can Solsona mill

Pictures: Miquel Gea Bullich / OPC Barcelona Provincial Council / Vilanova del Camí City Council

 


Can Solsona


Moletons spring

Pictures: Miquel Gea Bullich / OPC Barcelona Provincial Council / Vilanova del Camí City Council

 

How to get there

Google Maps